Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

Got myself a new toy



Aye. Belkin n52te Speed Pad.

As if my playing wesn't difficult enough without distractions.

Now, if anyone has any good suggestions on how to arrange the buttons, I would very much like to hear about them. My initial plan is to have the direction buttons so that I will turn with mouse, and the buttons would be forward, back and strafe. This opens up 2 buttons around the forward button for use.

I'm also planning on setting the action bar keys 1-8 under my thumb, on the dpad. The dpad is a bit touchy and the feel isn't too accurate, so I'm not 100% sure of this yet.

It's yet another steep learning curve to overcome. I think I may be able to move while using the instant cast actions, which I wasn't too sure about on the keyboard only. Then again, subjecting my casts -for the most part- under my thumb should bring a bit more intuitivity into the gameplay.

Only time will tell. What is your configuration, if you use this monster?