Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

First of the year

Long Christmas and New Year's vacation is over and it's time to focus on the pristine year at hand. Sure, I played some during the vacation, and I'll be commenting that later on in more detail.

What a year it will be: first the Icecrown will be opened one wing at a time till the raiding community sees Arthas Lich King bit the dust and then the Cataclysm will come and change the Old World as we know it. The end of the World of Warcraft, for sure... I mean Old Azeroth, of course.

I learned some good lessons on both the game and my skills during the vacation, which has confirmed me even more that I am truly a casual player with no chance of getting into the higher tier of playing without sacrificing my casual status. Then again, there are other aspects within WoW which can -and most probably will- keep me interested, perhaps to the point to try again at more concentrated and focused way at the cap.

When I opened my feed reader this morning, I found 887 unread posts. I read about 20 of them and marked the rest as read: nothing much has happened in the blogosphere as far as I can tell.

I wish you all a great year 2010: may it be more successful, prosperous and happy than the earlier ones, if possible!