Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Different kind of war

Feeling a bit down today because of yesterday's shooting incident. 10 innocent lives and 1 culprit. Had I seen this quote a week ago I would have thought it as an advertisement for WAR:

"Whole life is war and whole life is pain. And you will fight alone in your personal war."

Now it categorises the shooter's personal view of the reality, which is as skewed as the one of the former Finnish shooter. Both were very alike: quiet, withdrawn and alone. Remains to be seen, if it is later revealed that the first shooter was bullied at school as the second one was revealed to have been.

I'm deliberately leaving the names out of this entry, as they are been used for searches about these incidents. And I don't want to give them any more publicity as there has already been.

I'm not giving them what they were looking for.

Post death gratification.

But this whole scherade made me think about one question. Has our western civilisation and culture gone a bit too far in glorifying killing in entertainment (games, movies, music)?

Nothing more for today.

Shoo.

No comments: