Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What to do when NOT playing WoW?

by Azariel

Ok, I admit it, the title sounds a bit strange, but it has proven to be a very valid question for me the past few weeks.

Due to severe pain spikes in hand and arm I decided to put WoW (and all home-computer activity) on a pause. So I went from raiding 3-4 times a week, to no WoW at all. And I can tell you, it leaves quite a gap.

Maybe it would have been easier to stop playing WoW all together, throw away the account and don't look back. But thats not what I want. After a suitable period of rest, I want to start playing again, so it continues to linger in the back of my head.

In the mean time I have found some other things to do, but pretty often during the day (while at work) I get the thought "I really feel like playing some WoW tonight". Now at first I thought it was just my addiction kicking in, but when I think about it, it's not that. WoW is a place for me to relax. Eventhough it can be a stressful place, it is still a place where I can completely get my mind of things, more than I've been able to achieve thus far with other activities.

So, the grinding, the pugging, the ' oh bugger, Blizz F-ed up again' appears to be all worth it...This, for some reason was quite a revelation to me...

So, what would you be doing, which would achieve the same effect as your WoW-ing, if you stopped playing WoW right now?